Some of the advantages of using thermal paper.
Everywhere you go, receiving a receipt is a basic business requirement whenever you purchase a product or service from a particular establishment. It is not surprising that many business establishments use up a lot of paper rolls every month. With the number of receipts that a restaurant or supermarket issues every day, you can only imagine how much receipt paper is consumed.
If you own a business or just starting one, you probably know how that these seemingly small details matter a lot especially in the long run. A growing number of businesses are now using thermal paper as their POS paper. Thermal paper is a type of paper that does not require any ink. Instead, heat is directed towards the paper which then leaves a sharp, clear image on the paper. Below are some advantages of thermal paper to help you decide whether you should shift towards thermal rolls as well.
· Fast. Printing on thermal paper is faster than the traditional way of printing with the use of ink. If you are the cashier at the end of a very long line, a receipt that is printed quickly is preferred.
· Clear. If you are concerned about the quality of thermal printing, you can relax because images printed on thermal paper are very clear and of excellent quality. In fact, it is clearer than other types of printing. This is the reason why thermal printing is also used in imaging machines.
· Durable printers. Printers that are designed for thermal printing do not use any ink cartridges or printer ribbons. This means that you eliminate some of the moving parts and you do not have to worry so much about paper jams. Having a printer that can last longer will help you lower your costs.
· Quiet operation. Since there are no cartridges and ribbons, a thermal printer has limited moving parts. This results to a quieter operation of the printer.
· Environmentally friendly. If your business is the type that advocates eco bags, then having a thermal printer is in line with your eco friendly thrust because you will not consume any ink.
· Cost effective. There are many ways that thermal printing can help you lower your business costs; some of which are lower printer maintenance costs and no expenses on ink. It is also a good to note that thermal papers are affordable. In fact, there are now recycled versions of the thermal paper which are friendly to the environment and to your pockets.
· Lightweight. If you are planning to move or change business location soon, then a thermal printer will be good for you. Thermal printers are very light and handy so that you can easily bring it anywhere. This is particularly helpful if you are thinking of joining bazaars where you will need to setup a makeshift payment counter.
About the Author:
Aggie Aviso is a freelance consumer and business writer, writing comprehensive reviews, articles and how-to's.