- avoid PVC in smocks. Avoid modeling clays made of PVC (polymer clays such as Fimo and Sculpey)
- avoid backpacks with shiny plastic designs as they often contain PVC and may contain lead.
Clothing and Accessories
- look for PVC-free materials in raincoats, rainboots, prints on clothing and accessories such as handbags, jewelry and belts.
Lunchboxes and Food-wrap
- use cloth lunch bags or metal lunchboxes. Many plastic lunch boxes are made of or lined with PVC.
- Use PVC-free butcher paper, waxed paper, parchment paper, low density polyethylene (LDPE) or cellulose bags for food-wrap.
- avoid notebooks with metal spirals encased in colored plastic as it usually contains PVC.
-stick to the plain metal paperclips. Colored paper clips are coated with PVC.
- use cardboard, fabric-covered, or polypropylene