The prestigious Bright Leaf Awards are given to the most outstanding and relevant agriculture stories in print, radio, and television. It will also honor the most compelling photos that capture the essence of Tobacco farming and the agriculture industry.
Project Head of the Bright Leaf Awards, Didet Danguilan is encouraging all professional Filipino journalists residing in the Philippines to join the competition as their way of sharing the successes of farmers through their stories — in whatever medium—to the public.
"Their stories need to be seen, heard and appreciated. The Bright Leaf Agriculture Journalism Awards is the best way to achieve that," she said.
The categories for the Bright Leaf Awards are:
- Agriculture Story of the Year
- Agriculture Photo of the Year
- Tobacco Story of the Year
- Tobacco Photo of the Year
- Best Television Program or Segment
- Best Radio Program or Segment
- Best National News Story
- Best Regional News Story
- Best National Feature Story
- Best Regional Feature Story and
- The Oriental Leaf Award. This special award is given to those who have won a Bright Leaf Award in any category for five consecutive years. The Oriental Leaf Awardees become part of an elite group of individuals that comprise the Bright Leaf Hall of Fame.
"We want to highlight the stories that enlighten and inspire our countrymen. This is even more important now because of the recent typhoons and earthquakes that have greatly impacted the agriculture industry.” Ms. Danguilan added, “This is one way to provide some light in what was a very dark time for the Filipino farmer.”
This contest aims to get a larger crop of entries than any other year by actively reaching out to tri-media practitioners from more agricultural provinces to invite them to submit their articles and photos.
All entries should be published, aired or broadcast locally from September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014. Participation is free of charge. Contestants can submit as many stories in any of the categories however no story can be entered into more than one category.
All entries may be in English or any of our preferred Philippine regional dialects. However, for entries that are not in English, participants are requested to submit an English translation.
For entry forms and more information, visit
Bright Leaf Secretariat:
Website : www.thebrightleafawards.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : (02) 697-8110
Cell : (0915) 5508301, (0918) 4130797